1) Tell us a little about your book. “Let Me Love You” is the second book in the Australian Sports Stars series. It’s about Oliver, a baseball player from Melbourne who falls in love with his coach’s niece. Tamara, however, has just lost her husband in a burglary gone wrong and is hesitant to succumb Oliver’s charm.
2) What is your favorite part about writing? Least favorite? My favourite part about writing is, to create a story, to create something –hopefully- wonderful other people enjoy. The least favourite part … is the promoting
3) A director tells you that you have complete control over casting the movie version of your book. Who plays who? When I wrote the story, I had a baseball player called Brian Pruett in mind – but an actor? Alex O’Loughlin comes to mind and Rose Byrne as Tamara.
4) If your house was burning down and you could only save one inanimate object, what would it be (don’t say photo albums, everyone says photo albums)? My laptop and wallet.
5) If you could choose what one message that a reader takes away from reading your book, what would it be? I’d like readers to finish my books, take a big sigh, not wanting to return to reality and say, “Wow, I’ll miss my friends.”
6) Imagine a world where everyone wears a t-shirt that says something about who they are as a human being, i.e. “Doesn’t play well with others” or “Don’t talk to me until I’ve had coffee.” What would yours say? Hahaha … exactly that … “don’t speak to me before breakfast” …. Or “Alert: humour level is low”
7) Who has been your biggest supporter in your writing? Oh, definitely my family. My husband encouraged me from the very first moment I decided to give it a try and my girls always get excited about another cover … except when I have days when I’m swamped with deadlines (edits or galleys). I have a feeling they curse the writing during those moments.
8) What song is the soundtrack to your life? “Fragezeichen” (Question mark) by Nena
9) If you had only one book to read for the rest of your life what would it be? “If you could see me now” by Cecelia Ahern
10) Favorite quote about writing, life or otherwise: If it’s meant to be, it’s meant to be.
INFO: Book title: LET ME LOVE YOU Amazon Link: http://www.amazon.com/Love-Australian-Sports-Star-Book-ebook/dp/B00RQRKAXM/ref=asap_bc?ie=UTF8 Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/irisblobel Twitter: @_iris_b Website: http://www.iris-b.blogspot.com Goodreads link: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/4067254.Iris_Blobel